Pharmacy We connect
Health doesn’t happen in silos. Medical and pharmacy coverage shouldn’t either. Powered by our medical and pharmacy data, our programs work together to better identify care gaps and proactively reach out to members and their doctors for improved health outcomes.
Combining medical and pharmacy can mean better outcomes and big savings.
When choosing pharmacy benefits, what should you focus on?
Having both medical and pharmacy benefits with BCBSGa enables us to better identify and close gaps in your employees’ health care – like when they aren’t filling prescriptions or missing lab tests.
- 10% fewer hospital stays
- 28% more care gaps found
- 26% more care gaps closed³
What happens when nurses and pharmacists provide caring support and help for members? Improved medication adherence thanks to our specialty pharmacy programs.4
Medication review mailings spotlight actions needed for drug safety, cost savings and adherence.
2 Results shown do not represent a guarantee of coverage or outcomes, and may not be representative for your group. Group-specific results/outcomes/cost savings will vary.
3 care gaps closed within 12 months
4 When compared to local retail pharmacies
We have pharmacy choices to match your goals. Want lots of local in-network pharmacies or the most drug list choices for employees? Done. Want to maximize savings? We’ve got that, too.
- National Plus Network includes over 70,000 pharmacies
across the US.
- Rx Choice Tiered Network offers savings and over ~20,000 locations, plus even more in the National Plus Network.*
- Retail 90 Network pharmacies can fill up to a 90-day supply of medications.
- National Drug List - broad drug list includes most generic and
- Essential Drug List - drives savings by excluding drugs that have over-the-counter and/or formulary alternatives at a lower cost.
* Your employees have more pharmacy location choices when they pay a small additional fee.
Seamless and simplified, that’s the benefit of coordinated medical and pharmacy coverage.
- A single account management team
- One group application
- One eligibility feed
- One bill
- One enrollment application
- One ID card
- One website for all health care needs
- One mobile app for medical & pharmacy
(including mobile ID card)
Big savings. Big results. By combining our medical and pharmacy programs, employers could save up to $28 PMPM in medical and pharmacy costs.¹
Fewer hospital stays
Fewer ER visits
Lower medical costs
Explore new insights
on integrated & specialty
Our latest research shows how employers can help manage costs and keep their employees healthy.
Better for you.
Better for your employees.
With medical and pharmacy benefits from BCBSGa, your business will have seamless administration, streamlined enrollment and simplified claims. Your employees will enjoy more complete care that helps them stay healthy and on the job.